Thursday 25 April 2013

Travelling Back

I recently came back to my home country.

Although I have travelled here a couple of times over the past few years, this time it is more permanent. I have mixed feelings about this, as I always viewed myself as a person who moved forward with life. If I suffered any disappointment, I always pushed forward; pushed harder.

But coming back here is a mixed emotion. The country in question is more suited towards my needs: a cultural hotspot, a port, a future. But is this my future? I always saw myself going somewhere new, somewhere where I set up myself and created a future. My dad did it before me, without anyone, and I know I can do the same. Coincidentally, I am the same age he was when he started travelling, and discovering himself.

I understand his concerns, obviously. "Why go so far?" "Why work that much harder?" But I always liked a challenge. When I am told I can not do something, I make it my point to achieve it to the best of my abilities, where pysically possible.

When people told me I was too young to live alone, I did it without any hassle. When people told me I can not run a business, I did. All before I was 20.

So why not this?  

No comments:

Post a Comment