Thursday 18 April 2013

I've started to try...

I've never written down my feelings before. It's a new feeling. I don't know whether anyone will ever read this, and it isn't even important.

I just finished my finals. It's been a week. After studying for months, and worrying for the days leading up, my finals got over even before it sunk in. I am sure I did my best. But that is not what worries me. It's what comes next.

I skipped two years of school. That means I am amongst the youngest graduates in the State. My parents say I have gained two years. The whole reason I chose commerce is that the possibilities are endless. I could start working at the bottom of the corporate hierarchy and work up; maybe study for an MBA eventually. Or I could dive in head first and get an MBA. I would rather not do the latter though.

Given a choice, I would like to do something that just shocks all those around me, you know? Not take the predictable route. While others were dating, going with friends, or just studying, I worked for my dad. I helped him set up a business at 16, and even managed for a while. And despite all my complaints, I enjoyed it.

But now I am done with that. I want to gain experience in different areas. These two years gained should allow me to explore all the opportunities available to me. Whether advertising, writing, or go back into corporate, I would like to know what I do means something to me.

The best part though, is that in the current economic climate, no one is hiring. Not in the least a guy younger that other candidates, who worked for their dad, and has more interests than fingers.

I know the next few years are going to be interesting. How could they not be? I don't know what happens next. Do you?

Sid A.

P.S. I didn't put a quote in this as originality is one of the few interesting things you hope to see in a blog. Quotes are someone else's thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment